In summer 2020 I began course work at the University of Saint Francis toward an MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. The program requires 39 credit hours in major course work and 12 hours in field work within a clinical setting. Clinical instruction includes supervised Practicum (100 hours at the Bowen Center), Internship (600 hours), and Advanced Internship (300 hours).
In the summer of 2020 I completed:
- PSYC 518: Lifestyle and Career Counseling
- PSYC 522: Social and Cultural Issues
In the fall of 2020 I took:
- PSYC 502: Foundations and Contextual Dimensions of MHC
- PSYC 600: Research Design and Program Evaluation
During spring 2021 I took:
- PSYC 544: Counseling Skills
During summer 2021 I took:
- PSYC 570: Marriage and Family Counseling
During fall 2021 I expect to take:
= PSYC 530: Personality and Counseling Theories
Full-time students can complete the program in 2.5 years. I expect to graduate in five years at my current pace. A five year outline of courses is shown in the box to the right.